Sweetness and Light is a blog authored by Meredith Henning. I write about the sweet life I share with my family, our homeschool adventures, and what it’s like to home educate and work from home. Here are a few things you need to know about an advertising relationship with Sweetness and Light.
Advertising space is limited.
Post topics at Sweetness and Light include:
- Homeschooling Helps – Tips, Ideas and Resources
- Curriculum and Book Reviews
- Health & Beauty – How to Look & Feel Your Best
- Family Life and Parenting
- On Being Catholic
- Topics related to Hearth & Home
Advertising at Sweetness and Light
I offer ad space in three different sizes on my sidebar, and may be page specific depending on your product or service. You may advertise by the month, quarter or year, depending on your preference.
- – 300 x 250 linked graphic button placed in upper right sidebar
- – 300 x 150 linked graphic button placed in middle right sidebar
- – 125 x 125 linked graphic button (limited space – will be paired with another ad at site owner’s discretion)
- – All ad graphics to be supplied by advertiser
- – Advertising fee to be paid via Paypal at the time ad is placed
Curriculum and Book Reviews
Books and curriculum are a big part or our life here at Sweetness and Light, and for that reason, I enjoy doing book and curricula reviews. I am fairly selective and will probably only choose those books/curriculum that specifically benefit my family.
Standards for my Review posts will:
- Be search engine optimized, including title, text, subheadings, and photos
- Include quality photos of my family using and enjoying the product
- Be well-written, thorough, and honest (I will only give an honest review, whether positive or negative)
- Be indexed on my permanent reviews page
Due to the considerable time invested in using a product to review, taking and editing photos, and writing the review, I do charge a fee for review posts. This fee may be waived for current quarterly advertisers and does not, in any way, guarantee a positive review. All reviews are my honest opinions of the book, product or service.
I love doing giveaways at Sweetness and Light and usually encourage these as a way to spotlight or feature a product or service that I am reviewing. They are time-specific and tend to generate a certain buzz among my readers that makes for a fun event. Quarterly advertisers are given first priority to post space allotted for giveaways. For non-advertisers I will charge an administrative fee as it is time consuming to prepare for such an event on the site.
With your paid Quarterly or Yearly Ad I will include your ad in my monthly newsletter “Sweet Happenings” as well as highlight a feature post, giveaways, and product promotion and review. I look forward to working with you!
Please email me if you would like to discuss advertising, review or giveaway opportunities at Sweetness and Light. You may also request a copy of my Media Kit.
Please read my full disclosure policy here.