Learning Life Skills 4 Teens with Mr. D
I wrote about it here: How to Choose an Online Math Program.
Elijah had great success with Algebra I, and breezed through the program in about 6 months, and is now on to Algebra II as a Freshman.
His enjoyment of these math classes taught by Mr. DiNoia has changed the way he thinks about math, and he loves it!
Winner, winner Chicken dinner 😉
When we discovered that there was going to be a Life Skills 4 Teens class online this Spring, we jumped at the chance to be involved as we knew it was going to be top-notch.
Disclosure: I received free access to online materials in order to write an honest review of these products and services. All opinions expressed in this post are my own. I always give my honest opinion of products as they apply to my family. This post is Sponsored by Mr. D Life Skills 4 Teens. Affiliate links apply. See my full disclosure policy here.
Life Skills 4 Teens
The Life Skills 4 Teens online class is so much more than a “how to get your life together” kind of experience.
Mr. DiNoia offers a 6-week interactive live (or recorded) online course for teens that are serious about learning how to set goals, save money, invest money and be accountable for one’s position in life, whatever that may be.
Life Skills That Your Teen Will Learn in the Online Course:
- Leadership skills
- How to set short and long term goals
- What it means to be a responsible human being
- Resume writing experience
- Learning about the free market economy
- How to invest in the stock market and why this is an important life skill
- How to use crowd-funding to achieve short term and long term goals
Essentially, the course is designed to set your teen up for success in life as a person who is responsible about his time and money by communicating well with people and with integrity.
Highlights of What Elijah Learned in the Class:
- How to use leadership in all aspects of his life
- How to make good decisions about saving and spending
- How to write a check
- How to create a resume
- How to set goals and actually achieve them
- How to play the stock market game
- How communication with peers and other adults builds integrity and responsibility
- How to use crowd funding for a specific goal
- Time management strategies
Elijah’s Favorite Part of the Class:
THE STOCK MARKET GAME
The stock market game was an integral part of the Life Skills class, and in Elijah’s opinion, the very best part of the class as it taught him to be a savvy investor without the real risk of losing actual money.
This is a life lesson he will utilize for the rest of his life.
Here is How They Played and What He Learned:
Mr. DiNoia gave everyone in the class $100,000 to “invest” in the stock market via the online platform How the Stock Market Works.
- He learned how to use the stock market in a way to gain profit
- How to buy and sell stocks
- How to keep a constant gain percentage
- What stocks to buy and when
- If a stock has been going down for a while or is just going up, you should buy
- And the reverse scenario to sell a stock
- He learned the art of “anticipating” the market’s ups and downs
Overall, the Stock Market Game was an opportunity for the teens in the class to develop a sense of responsibility and prudence when contemplating which stocks to buy and sell, and when.
In essence, when to hold ’em and when to fold ’em 😉
Elijah felt this was one of the most beneficial parts of the class and the most fun, especially because he happened to be the recipient of the 1st place prize of a $50 Amazon gift card for winning the game – Woot!
Thanks Mr. DiNoia 🙂
Why Elijah Loved This Class & Thinks All Teens Should Take Life Skills 4 Teens:
+ Mr. DiNoia was very good at getting his point across about stuff in the class, and overall, he is a super likable teacher and mentor.
+ A very generous human being, both with his time and with his talents.
+ He encouraged students to be better people and to do their best not only in class, but in life.
+ He was very positive and worked closely as a mentor with the students all throughout the class.
+ You should totally check out the Life Skills 4 Teens, it was a blast!
—->As with all of the awesome Mr. D Online Classes, do visit and see if there is a class that might be right for your middle school or high school student.
The Life Skills 4 Teens class is geared towards students that are 14 and older, but if a student that is a mature 12 or 13 year old, Mr. D welcomes them wholeheartedly!
READER DISCOUNT OFFERED @ MR D MATH FOR ALL COURSES
Mr. DiNoia has generously offered a 25% discount to my readers on all Curriculum through July 1st, 2017 — Students who enroll in the Live Classes will also receive a 25% discount on Curriculum for their classes — Use code: SWEETNESS25
Note: Discount code does not apply to the monthly fee for the live online classes, only curriculum.